Promoting the use of Welsh
As each Menter (Language Initiative) is an independent and unique organisation, there are variations in the details of the aims and mission statements of each individual Menter.
However, all the Mentrau and Mentrau Iaith Cymru share the aim of supporting and promoting the Welsh language in the community.
Mentrau Iaith Cymru’s charter, which was jointly developed and adopted by all the Mentrau Iaith in 2013 outlines the principles and core values shared by all Mentrau, and all of the Mentrau are committed to work for the Welsh language in their communities by:
- Revitalising the Welsh language through the development of our communities
- Boosting the confidence of Welsh-speakers and learners to use the language in all aspects of life
- Working in partnership together and with others to integrate the Welsh language into all aspects of life
- Creating and supporting jobs in Welsh
- Sharing and promoting the value of Welsh with families, children and young people
- Supporting Mentrau Iaith Cymru and each other’s work